Saturday, October 24, 2009

A Quick Post (you can skip this one if you want)





Seeing as it's almost been a month since our last post, I thought I should put up a quick note. I worked the last four days, and am back to work tomorrow afternoon, but today was a nice lazy day. We started out this morning with me YouTube'ing the theme song for Beverly Hills Cop and, somehow, that led to a search for old techno songs ("Sandstorm" ring a bell for anyone?). All of our kitchen-dancing worked up a good appetite for the pumpkin pancakes that heather was making. After breakfast I watched Ironman with the kids - since which, Tyson has been walking around quoting, "the truth is, I am Ironman".

In the afternoon, between bouts of snow and rain, we ventured outside and took some family pictures. We finished the day by dining on rib eye steaks, garlic toast, and salad, while sipping grape juice from fancy glasses. The kids are now splashing in the tub getting ready for church tomorrow. In short, it was a pretty good day off; and like all the good ones, it went by much too quickly.

As an attempt to make up for lost time, here a few photos from our thanksgiving trip:

Deacon - He's a-growin'




Jeremy - Awesome; full-on




Kendall and Jewel - A great couple (Kendall's so patient too)




Well, that was a quick post but I think the important thing is that I managed to get something up before a full month had gone by. Hopefully, I will be posting soon about auntie Tanis and her new baby, good luck you guys!

- C

2 comments:

Lorin said...

FIRST! (and yeah that does mean I'm awesome.)

I never knew the name but upon doing a bit of YouTubing of my own I did of course recognize the Sandstorm song. Very nice!

Is there a steak more underestimated and underappreciated than the Rib Eye? You can keep your NYs, your T-Bones and your filet mignonys, I'll take a nice juicy Rib Eye any day.

Congratulations on a great day!

Jewel said...

Love that picture of Mason in the snow. seriously awesome!!! Where are the family photos you took though. Deacon is growing every time I see him. What an excellent use of your day off....although, I was a little confused at the part about Kendall being so patient....??? With you?!!!!