
We didn't see my side of the family during Christmas, but for some reason we always seem to end up together on New Year's Eve. Did I say "some reason"? The reasons are actually pretty clear: Jewel and Kendall's hospitality, the excellent company, and the food (the food might even be higher up on the list). As a result, I feel like New Year's at The Manor is better than any other other club or gala or event.

We finally got to see John and Tanis' new home and we both like it so much that we have fallen back into that dangerous habit of checking local MLS listings. I try not to be envious of my siblings but after seeing their new house, their cute family, and Tanis' recent photography accomplishments, it is getting more and more difficult.
As usual, the cousins convinced (browbeat) us to play some Mafia. Jewel and I were so thoroughly thwarted and outsmarted by Ava that, at one piont, I was literally sweating. I am a big fan of the writings of US Army Lt.Col. Dave Grossman and as I played the role of mafia against Ava, I was reminded of his quote:
"If you want to be a wolf, you can be one, but the sheepdogs are going to hunt you down and you will never have rest, safety, trust or love. "
That's exactly what it felt like.
After we had our 9:30PM countdown, and our Martinelli's apple juice toast, Kendall started spinning some tunes and an impromptu dance party broke out.

I love Brookie's hair in this picture:

Everybody was Kung-Fu fighting:


Regardless of age, everyone had a blast! We were so glad that Crystal and Jeremy made it down, we haven't seen them and the boys as often as we'd wished because both of our families have gone though bouts of illnesses. But last night would not have been the same if even one person was missing.
We love you all and hope that the New Year holds some wonderful blessings for you.
Cheers,

- C
4 comments:
Those pictures were all AWESOME!!!! It was such fun to see you guys. New Years really is the funnest with you all!
But I am excited for summer BBQ's at your place.
Don't go letting me down now!
Haha I'm trying Tan
You really managed to capture the party in your pictures Chad. Nicely done.
Fun times! Can't wait for an excuse to do it again. I ate WAY too much. You guys are awesome. Thanks so much for all the sweet gifts you left. I am still craving some of Heather's Nog!!!!
Post a Comment