
Yesterday we accepted the Payne's invitation to attend the amusement park with them. They had given our family the generous gift of season's passes and this would be our first time using them. We arrived a little before them and lined up just inside the gate to wait for the park to open. As they dropped the rope barrier, Mason was heard to say "let the magic begin", a phrase the crowd shouts each morning at the opening of Disneyland. There may have been less fanfare, but the excitement was the same.
And here's a good example of that excitment - even on the least energetic of rides.

This trip demonstrated just how much the kids are growing up. Instead of being intimidated by some of the bigger and faster rides, they were a bunch of daredevils and wanted to go back for more.

The parents took turns watching Deacon and Heather got this picture of the kids and I (I don't know how she did it, because I'm sure we were going about 100mph).

I'm not sure who enjoyed the Bumper Boats more, the kids, or Heather.

The crowds really picked up after lunch so we eventually left and visited a different, quieter sort of park. After that, we got a milkshake from Diner Deluxe and headed home to finish off the night with a Chinese food supper, bike riding in the cul-de-sac, and one episode of Digimon (just because I was trying to set a new record for the kids' "best day ever").
So how come I didn't post any photos of JC&CO? Well despite the fact that we were in the park from 10:00AM-3:00PM, and they were in the park from 11:00AM-5:00PM (so the title of this post is technically correct)... we didn't see them once the whole time : (
Next time we'll travel there together.

- C
3 comments:
Great Post! the kids look like they had a ton of fun! So does Heather in the water boats! The quieter park was a cemetary? I guess if you want peace and quiet that is the place to go!
That is such a great gift to give! I need to remember that!
Twyla,
It was a great gift. If you are worried that you might forget it, I can remind you a year from now (that's when our passes expire).
- C
Oh I wish we could have joined you. At BOTH parks! Hopefully Crystal had an equally fun time:) Love it!
Post a Comment