
A rainy/snowy day always calls for good warm soup and bread! Here are a couple of recipes we really enjoy...
Creamy Corn and Turkey Soup
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped red pepper
2 Tbsp butter or margarine
125 g (1/2 of 250-g pkg.) cream cheese, cubed
1 can (12 fl oz / 341 ml) cream-style corn
2 cups chicken broth
3/4 cup milk
2 cups shredded cooked turkey (or chicken breast)
Cook onion and the peppers in butter in large saucepan on medium heat until tender, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low.
Add cream cheese; cook until melted, stirring constantly. Add corn, broth, milk and turkey; mix well.
Cook until soup is heated through, stirring occasionally.
Add cream cheese; cook until melted, stirring constantly. Add corn, broth, milk and turkey; mix well.
Cook until soup is heated through, stirring occasionally.
Jalapeno Cheese Bread
1 cup milk
2 Tbsp butter
2 jalapenos, seeded, diced (I usually add a 3 or so, just cause it's more flavorful!)
3/4 cup cheddar cheese
1 tsp salt
3 tsp sugar
3 cup flour
2 tsp yeast
If you are using a stand mixer, I find you only need a little over 2 1/2 cups flour. After I bake the bread through, I put some grated cheese on top and broil it for a couple minutes until it is melted and bubbly.
Hope you enjoy!

- H
2 comments:
Yes! I've been waiting for some of HEathers Recipes! I hope it stays cold long enough for me to try it. Love you guys
Tanis
Don't be surprise if on the next rainy day, I show up at your place. Yum!!!!
Post a Comment