Saturday, July 26, 2008

Take me out to the ball game

What, two posts in one day? Just trying to catch up I guess.

Yesterday evening we took the kids to watch our local baseball team play. We sat on "the berm" because the kids admission was free and we were half price. I don't know why parents would ever pay for seats, this allowed the kids to run around and roll down the hill without bothering anyone. We just had to keep an eye out for foul balls.





Our team is made up of college and university players from all over Canada and the States. It was a good game and we only won by a single point. None of us were really watching though - the kids had more fun playing, the baseball game and energy of the fans merely provided an exciting backdrop.

When it ended, all the kids went out on the field and ran the bases with the team mascot. The weather was beautiful and they handed out free pies as we left the stadium, my kind of sporting event.





Here is a photo that Ella took of her brothers. I did a little editing, if only to convince myself that our seven year old can't take better photos than me. But I'm not sure why Tyson is trying to do some sort of gang sign - will have to keep an eye on that one.





- C

4 comments:

Tanis, said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
CHEMTD said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CHEMTD said...

Sorry Tan. I accidentally deleted your comment while I was trying to delete mine.

- C

Hays Family Blog said...

I can't believe Tyson is gang-banging at such a young age! Maybe you can be moved onto the gang task force for some tips on how to curtail his gang-banging ways.